To perform live at Gav’s student based music night in March, where he’ll perform a selection of famous songs with SKA Face’s keyboard player and guitarist Ben Marshall. Don’t miss it!
Lots of pop songs are in a certain key take a look at how it works.
A lot to take in at first I’m sure, I reckon what ever music you’ve listened to connects with this:
I can help you get you’re head around it.
Try these out:
- The note that is a perfect fifth higher than F
- The number of half steps in a perfect Fifth
- The note that is a fourth higher than F.
- It would be “madness”, but if there were a key with 9 sharps, what o’clock would it be?
- At what o’clock is the key with 4 flats?
- What o’clock represents a fifth up from D flat?
- If a key has sharps, what is the first sharp?
- In the key of B major, what is the last sharp you have added?
- What is the first flat that appears in a key with flats?
- What is the seventh sharp that is added in a key with 7 sharps?
- There are 4 flats. What key is it?
- There are 4 flats. What is the last flat?
- At what o’clock is the relative minor key for G major?
- What is the relative major key for the key of A minor?
- A minor key has the same number of sharps or flats as its relative major key. What minor key has only 1 sharp?
B.B. King is filmed in Piccadilly recording his ‘B.B. King in London’ album. (1972)
Source: BBC – Sounding Out, B.B. King
Here’s how bluesy chords work, they sometimes occur in pop songs. The technical term is called Dominant 7 and relies on the flattened 7th.
Source: Seventh chord
Influencing many rock and blues guitarists with his loud performances using a Gibson Les Paul.
Influenced by BB King, Albert King, Stevie Ray Vaughan and many more.
British rock guitarist Eric Clapton sells more than 70 of his instruments at a charity auction in New York, raising more than $2.15m.
Source: Eric Clapton auctions guitars for charity – BBC News
Rock star Eric Clapton is to sell off part of his extensive guitar collection to raise money for his rehab clinic.
Source: Eric Clapton to sell off guitars for Crossroads Centre – BBC News
I went to the Hard Rock Cafe, would’ve been rude not to.