Teaching electric guitar techniques to a beginner today who asked to learn about Harmonics and their functions.
Lots of pop songs are in a certain key take a look at how it works.
A lot to take in at first I’m sure, I reckon what ever music you’ve listened to connects with this:
I can help you get you’re head around it.
Try these out:
- The note that is a perfect fifth higher than F
- The number of half steps in a perfect Fifth
- The note that is a fourth higher than F.
- It would be “madness”, but if there were a key with 9 sharps, what o’clock would it be?
- At what o’clock is the key with 4 flats?
- What o’clock represents a fifth up from D flat?
- If a key has sharps, what is the first sharp?
- In the key of B major, what is the last sharp you have added?
- What is the first flat that appears in a key with flats?
- What is the seventh sharp that is added in a key with 7 sharps?
- There are 4 flats. What key is it?
- There are 4 flats. What is the last flat?
- At what o’clock is the relative minor key for G major?
- What is the relative major key for the key of A minor?
- A minor key has the same number of sharps or flats as its relative major key. What minor key has only 1 sharp?